Friday, July 13, 2012

HOPE Gate Card



This is a gatefold card I just finished making for someone who is seriously ill in the hospital.  I wanted the Bible verse to be the focal point, so I kept it simple.  The black swirls are cut out from a 12x12 sheet I found at Michael's the other day, and the butterfly is from the SU Beautiful Wings embosslit.


After stamping the verse from Jeremiah (one of my favorites!) I outlined the word Hope with a turquoise marker and sponged the edges of the Nestabilities label with a matching color.


The inside left panel is decorated with the remaining butterflies over a coordinating piece of dsp from my scrap drawer.  The rest of the inside is left blank for a few words of encouragement in my own handwriting.

On the subject of handwriting, it really is a lost art.  I think the age of texting and emailing has taken over.  For those who do take the time to write personal notes, however, it seems to be truly appreciated by the recipients.  Maybe we could bring it back!


 NOTE:  This thought came to mind as I read the verse:  He endured far worse than we could ever experience in order to give us a future far greater than we could ever imagine.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Doris, inside and out!