Friday, July 13, 2012

STAMP SHOW REVIEW

I haven't been back to the tower since the stamp show, so this is the first opportunity I've had to report on how the show was.

PROS:  There were lots of interesting booths to explore, show sale items and demos.  The very first booth we came to had packets of self-stick gems for a dollar each and 6x6 pads by My Mind's Eye for only $3 each!  I also picked up a gray marker for shading at another booth.

 Most of my purchases zeroed in on various supplies, except for the peg stamps I bought at the Stamps by Judith booth.  One was a plastic box to store sponge daubers, another was a bottle of glaze similar to Crystal Lacquer but with a brush applicator.  Another booth had a special on emb. powders.  I also bought some Gelatos after seeing a demo on how to use them--can't wait to play with them!  Crafters Workshop had a plastic template with 3 mini designs:  circles, stars and hexagons.

CONS:  The show floor was much smaller than the Allentown show, so it tended to be more crowded.  There were also areas inside where the air conditioning didn't cool well in the 90+ heat.  It was also a very long walk in from the parking lot in that heat!

All in all, it was worth attending.  However, Jackie and I left early due to tiring out and sensory overload!

No comments: