Sunday, July 22, 2012

READY FOR THE STATE FAIR

Here is just one of the 4 cards I plan to submit to the New Jersey State Fair this year.

Though fairly easy,  there were were many steps to the making of this card.  First I chose a double-sided dsp and matching cardstock.  Using a Martha Stewart edger, I punched the scalloped edges on the card base and top layer of dsp.  I then added another strip of dsp underneath the top layer and rounded the right side corners.  Before attaching the top layer, I added the ribbon and taped it to the back; then I placed the birthday greeting on top with dimensionals.

For the butterfly, I used two dies from Memory Box (Vivienne and Darla butterflies.)  For the solid, I chose a coordinating dsp from the same pad by My Mind's Eye.  For the black, I used a scrap of Martha Stewart Neutrals with a shiny black pattern.  I colored the body with a black Spica pen for a little bit of sparkle and used a tiny black gem for the head.

These butterfly dies are definitely my favorite!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Looks like a winner to me, Doris! I love those Memory Box butterflies and the DSP is gorgeous!