Friday, April 29, 2011

Takin' It To The Top Challenge




This was a fun challenge suggested by Stamping 411 HERE.

To start, I pulled a simple birthday card from my stash and looked at it with new eyes. It was okay, but not really that special.






For Step 2, I decided to add some contrast with the purple strip from a scrap which happened to match the ink I used for the flower. Using a Martha Stewart punch complemented the scallops around the image. The embroidery floss "tied" the two colors together and added some texture.






For Step 3, I rounded the corners and added a double vellum butterfly. I'm much happier with this card now!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

It's amazing what adding just a little can do to step up a card! This card went from yeah to WOW! Glad you're feeling better.

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic! You did a great job of taking that card a little farther!