Friday, September 25, 2009

Technique Tuesday Remake

Here's a new card made with the technique we learned at Cyndy's Technique Tuesday class.

The tricky part of this technique is cutting the paper so that you get the stripes going in two different directions for the chevron look. After cutting strips in varying widths, they were attached to a piece of plain cardstock that was run through the Xyron machine.

For the "bow," I taped the ribbon around the cardstock. Using another small piece, I tied a knot and added it to the ribbon with a glue dot.

The image was popped up using dimensionals, with the finished piece mounted over coordinating textured cardstock attached to a white card.

I plan to make another card using Fall colors and a leaf image. This technique is fun!

1 comment:

Linda Hasz said...

NOW I understand what you were describing to me. It is very lovely. I like it a lot.