Monday, July 20, 2009

A MIGHTY TREE


What is it about trees that makes them so appealing? This one looks mighty and strong, which makes it ideal for a masculine card.

I stamped the tree on Soft Suede cs using black StazOn ink and cut it to size for the card. Then I edged the sides with Versamark and clear ep. To add color and "sunshine" highlights, I used a Close to Cocoa marker for the trunk and several branches, Mellow Moss marker for the leaves, and a yellow Gelly Roll pen for the splashes of sun on the trunk and left-side leaves. Before mounting the image on Very Vanilla cs, I used the leaf from Carte Postale with Versamark to create the background.

Be sure to click on the image for a closer view of the details!

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

What a wonderful masculine card! I have such a hard time making cards for the guys...gonna try this layout and color scheme because they are perfect!