Sunday, July 12, 2009

B is for Birthday

Using one of the K and Co. Designer cards I purchased recently at Michaels, I tried a few of my new "toys" on this one.

First, the large letter "B" was inked up with Ranger Distress Inks--a mix of "Peeled Paint" (green), "Tea Dye" (golden tan) and "Broken China" (blue). I swiped each ink pad on a plastic plate*, then smooshed the stamp around until it was covered enough. Then I stamped it on white for a marbled watercolor look. It matched the colors in the card stock perfectly.

Next, I cut out the images used and mounted them as shown. The bow is made with embroidery floss--two matching colors. For added interest, I tried out my Scor-Bug which arrived on Friday. If you look closely, you'll see the dots on the bottom and partway up the right side. A white gel pen in each dot helps make them stand out more. (Click to enlarge.)

I used a different "B" for the inside from a Hero Arts clear set and repeated the bee from the SU set. (For some reason my scanner cut off the plain bottom part of the card.)

The size of this card was a bit of a challenge since there's more space to fill, but I love the way the window worked out.

*BTW, plastic plates make the ideal pallet and/or liquid glue surface. The ridge around the edge keeps liquids from running onto my table. For gluing things, I put a few dabs on the plate and either dip embellishments into it or use an applicator direct to paper. The plates clean easily with baby wipes and are reuseable.