Monday, October 17, 2016

SPEAKING OF SCRAPS...

This card was made using scraps from two other cards I made with these dsp's.  Since I also had the SU! "Six-Sided Sampler" set, used on the envelope flap, it worked out great.

Aligning the hexagons are trickier than it would seem.  So what I do is assemble the design using temporary tape on each piece.  Once they're all aligned, I start gluing them one hexagon at a time onto a piece of coordinating cs, which I fussy cut after gluing the pieces down.  Then it gets mounted with dimensionals and embellished with twine and sequins.

The banner and greeting are from a set by Frantic Stamper.

2 comments:

Jeanne H said...

I really, really love this card. Simple, yet elegant!

Bonnie said...

You're making the most out of this paper, Doris! Great idea!