Friday, May 20, 2016

THREE OF A KIND--Christmas

Just got a new die for Christmas, and I LOVE it!

These cards were easier to make than they look.  First I made the top one with peg stamps using Versamark and gold ep on the card base in the shape of the tree..  Then I die  cut the dsp and white cs using the tree die.  I used the "frame" for the top card, and the tree for the card on the right.  After gluing down the frame, I attached the white tree with a glue dot at the top and bottom.

Next, I cut a piece of gold metallic cs to 4 x 5 1/4" and die cut the stitched rectangle from the middle.  I added the gold cs over a wood-grain embossed card front with dimensionals.  Then I added the dsp tree and the smaller white tree center as shown.  The woodgrain embossing adds a lot of texture.

For the card on the left, I attached the gold metallic gold frame to the front with narrow strips of foam mounting tape to keep it from "caving" and glued the dsp in the middle.  Then I carefully glued the white panel onto the gold frame and attached the white tree with glue dots at the top and bottom.

FOR A HERO ARTS VIDEO on how this was done, click HERE!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, Doris! I think you're going to get a lot of use out of that die!