Monday, May 23, 2016

MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTE

My friend, Evelyn, gave me this Poppy die set along with a lovely note of tribute to my Dad. 

Although I appreciate her gift of the dies, I was very moved by her words in honoring my Dad whom she had gone to visit with me awhile back..  He was a WWII veteran who very rarely spoke of his experiences in the war.  For some reason, he felt comfortable with Evelyn that day and told us some things I'd never heard him speak of before.  It made such an impression on both of us, that we spoke about it during the 2-hour ride home (and many times since.)

This Memorial Day take a moment to reflect on the service of those who have put their lives on the line for our country.  If you know someone presently in the military, send him (or her) a word of gratitude.  They will be so glad you did!


NOTE:  I posted this early so you would have time to send a card to someone who's far from home.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a lovely story, Doris! And a beautiful card!

Kim S said...

How blessed you are that your dad shared his stories.

The poppy is gorgeous with all of its dimension. The neutral background is perfect to show it off.