Friday, April 8, 2016
RUBBERNECKER STAMP SET
First I stamped the leaves in Distress ink, then the stems in a darker green, spritzing with water each time before stamping on the watercolor paper. Then I stamped the flowers. To get the darker colors on the blooms, I used Distress markers, stroking upward from the base of each blossom. I think the trick is to not overdo it.
It was interesting to stamp a little out of my comfort zone. I didn't like the look at first; but after adding the greetings and embellishments, and also the mats, I'm happy with it.
As for the stamp show itself, I found it disappointing. For some unknown reason, they grouped all the booths in just a portion of the large room. Had they spread the booths out into the unused space, it would have been a lot less crowded. However, I probably spent a lot less!