Monday, April 25, 2016


This card started out with two strips of dsp and no idea of how to use them.  After gathering some additional scraps in the same color family, I mounted the two strips side by side as shown.

Using my SU! bird punch for the leaves and stem. I used them to "connect" the two dsp strips.  Using the flower punch, I lined up the dsp so that the flower image would be in the center.  I curled the petals back and mounted it to the card front with a dimensional.  The butterfly was punched from a scrap of silver paper and mounted with a glue dot.

To fill in the space below the left strip I added a small greeting.   Next, I added a pearl in the center of the flower and two smaller ones on the butterfly.

For the final touch, I tore the right side of the cardfront and sponged it with warm gray ink.  I love how this card just evolved from a few scraps!


Jeanne H said...

I especially love your flower and the DSP. Great use of scraps. :-)

Bonnie said...

Great job with these scraps, Doris! Love that shaped flower!