Sunday, December 20, 2015

I'M BACK!


My computer has finally been fixed (for now, anyway!)  I'll catch up with you later to share some of the Christmas cards I made.

Meanwhile, this is a card I made for my friend, Joan, who loves horses.  The stamp is from Our Daily Bread Designs, and I used colored pencils on the image.  I'm making a set of six with matching envelopes as her Christmas gift.  Each card will be embellished a little differently as I go along.

Speaking of colored pencils, I really enjoy using them.  I find it very relaxing to sit somewhere and color with them.  They're very portable, so I can even take a few with me to a friend's house or even a doctor's office for the waiting room.  They also blend very nicely.    I used 3 shades of brown for the horses, 2 shades of green for the grass, and purple for the flowers.  That's just 6 pencils and the pre-stamped  images to carry with me, plus a clean eraser.

Next is the box and belly band I made to go with it.  The horses on the oval aren't as faint IRL as they look here.  Since I won't be mailing it, I was able to use heavier twine on the box.

By the way, have you seen all the adult coloring books that have been popping up on all the magazine racks?  I've even seen them in the supermarket!  A little too busy for me, though. However, I do have a beautiful butterfly coloring book that shows the correct colors for each butterfly and blank ones to color that are simple and fun for practicing.

That's it for now.  I still have lots of Christmas preparations to take care of (like you, I'm sure...) so it may be a few days before I post again.  Thanks for checking in!

No comments: