Thursday, April 24, 2014

REMEMBER DEW DROPS?

I came across some dew drops in my stash yesterday and decided to use them on this card.  It seems appropriate on a card with water splotches!

The leaf is an Impression Obsession die.  It has a matching stamp which I did not use here.  After sponging three Distress Inks onto a white panel and die cutting the leaf, I splashed some water onto the panel.  Then I stamped the verse in Versafine Olympia Green ink and glued the panel to the Always Artichoke card front. 

After cutting three more leaves from white cs, I glued them together, glued the green one on top and mounted them in the opening with foam tape.  For embellishments, I added an embroidery floss bow on the stem, 4 pearls and 5 dew drops.

This is the second card I submitted to the Impression Obsession challenge.  Scroll down to view the previous card.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the sponging and the dew drops!

Julia Aston said...

I just recently used some dew drops on a card too after a long hiatus! Funny how they went out of style but they sure do look like little drops of dew! Love your pretty sponged background!

Mary M. said...

Great card. I now have to check my stash to see if I have any dew drops left.

Shelly said...

Lovely card, Doris! The dew drops are perfect on it. I too still use my dew drops from time to time, even though they aren't popular anymore. I don't let that stop me from using a product I have and like. :) I hope you're having a great week. Blessings and hugs!!!

Jeanne Streiff said...

Oooh I love this one! Dreamy colors! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession challenge!

Kim S said...

I LOVE Dew Drops. You have used them so perfectly with this beautifully colored leaf. Wonderful colors for a misty morning look with the dew.