Wednesday, April 30, 2014

GREENHOUSE SOCIETY POPPIES

If you enjoy using botanical stamps, check out the Greenhouse Society at Technique Tuesday HERE!

This poppy stamp is so delicate, it doesn't need much embellishment.  I stamped it with MementoLuxe Pistachio ink and clear embossed over it.  Using the same ink smeared on the acrylic holder, I watercolored the leaves.  I used Memento Rhubarb Stalk the same way for the blossoms, adding the black seeds with a SU marker.

After spritzing with a red marker, I mounted the panel on a piece of black cs and tied the embroidery floss around it.  Next I glued a scrap piece of green dsp to the red cs piece and mounted it on the white card front.  The finished poppy panel was then added using SU dimensionals.

Stamping with the light colored ink and using the same color for the leaves kept the image softer and less defined.  Clear embossing gave it just a bit of shine and also made it easier to stay in the lines with the water coloring.

2 comments:

Kim S said...

It's been so long since I have made the time to comment on blogs (although I read all of my friends' blogs every morning over my first cup of coffee) - I'm fairly certain that I have never thanked you for the card that you sent way back at Valentine's! I'm glad you are getting some use of the falling heart die cuts.

I love poppies. And I love your soft watercoloring and the spritz of red to keep it all so sweet and gentle.

Bonnie said...

What pretty poppies, Doris!