Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Birthday Bargello


The paper used in this bargello design comes from Basic Grey, Life of the Party. One of the things I like about doing bargello is that you never know just how it's going to turn out until you put the pieces together, and this card is a perfect example of that. I had no idea that the striped paper would turn out to look just like birthday candles!

Since one of the designs was a collage of birthday packages, I made a "package" from a leftover piece of the metallic paper underneath. The hard part was wrapping the embroidery floss around such a small square and making the bow on top.

Joan was here when I made this, and she thinks I should use it as one of my entries in the State Fair this summer. Since the category is for "stamping" (instead of "card making") I'm not sure one little birthday greeting is enough to win in that category; but I probably will enter it anyway.

We'll see...

1 comment:

Shelly said...

How beautiful!!!! I thought Bargello was a type of needlework. I didn't know it could be done with paper. Do you have a link for instructions, Doris?