Saturday, May 14, 2011

Acrylic Smash


I picked up these cards for $1/pack at Michaels (including envelopes)-- what a bargain! I decided to try using this one for the Acrylic Smash technique featured on Split Coast Stampers HERE.

Using Gold and Pearl metallic dabbers, I applied them to the acetate. I then used a piece of white cardstock for the backing and secured it behind the circle opening. Using black Stazon ink, I stamped the blossom (Hero Arts.) After stamping the SU ferns on the cardfront with Versamark, I highlighted them with green chalk, added the embroidery floss on the side and stamped the birthday greeting.

This was a simple and quick card to make!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Wow, Doris, this is a super, pretty card! I love the softness of the ferns with the pop of the flower.