Thursday, February 10, 2011
The challenge for this week was to use only two images--no sentiments or embellishments. As usual, this was tough to do!
Now that all my Valentines are in the mail, I got to open my new stamp set (SU Growing Green) and ink up two images for the first time. After stamping the rose in India Ink Black, I used a yellow and peach marker to give it a Peace rose look. After masking it, I stamped the fern over it and used a green marker for the leaves. It looked okay, but made me feel like the images were just "stuck" there in the middle of a vast bare space!
To add interest and a little texture without layering or using another stamp, I got out my Scor-Pal and embossed some vertical lines a half inch apart above and below the image. For a little more interest, I also cut out the bottom right corner around the rose petals.
Now that I've fulfilled the OLW requirements, I'm going to add some yellow gingham on the inside and a ribbon down the left front. Shhh...don't tell!