Friday, June 25, 2010

DIORAMA CARD FOR THE FAIR


With Vacation Bible School coming up at the end of next month, I'll be busy getting the crafts ready for 130 children. Since I wanted to enter something in the State Fair again this year, I had to get ready way ahead of VBS preparations!

I came up with this Diorama card for my entry. The stamp set is "Swan Lake" from Flourishes and it's really a pretty set. It was a lot of work doing the cutting, especially around the leaves in the upper right corner. The leaves were colored with a green Spica pen to add some glimmer. I also used a sparkle Gelly Roll pen on the water and the feathers of the swan. I didn't want to overdo such a delicate image with anything too elaborate.

Whether or not it's a winner, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

4 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I think it is a huge winner.. Blue ribbon all the way... I LOVE this set in a diorama.. Wish I had thought of that on release week.. Great job.. and go for it..

Edna Morrisedie said...

I like what you did with the scene on the inside, great use of this set... I just bought some flourishes, will see what I can come up with when they arrive, tfs

Leslie Miller said...

Very pretty! I like the way you doubled up on the leaves. What a wonderful choice for a diorama card!

Monika Reeck said...

oh this is very elegant card Doris...lovely Images and the coloring are adorable....love this elegant card...