Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out of the Scrap Drawer


Here's a new Stamping Tower theme for 2010--a way to use some of those scraps we all hang on to! I plan to show a "before" and "after" for each card made with only scrap dsp from my drawer of leftovers, with added cardstock and embellishments, of course.

I already had this blank gate-fold card, perforated on the right side for a tear-off bookmark. The matching dsp was cut to fit the two sides, with enough left over to punch out the boho blossoms and the scalloped oval. The blue/brown plaid was on the reverse side. I had ONE triangular blue eyelet in my stash which I added to the top with some leftover embroidery floss, both of which matched my color scheme perfectly. Two blue gems and some matching glitter gave it some bling.

The inside greeting says "Celebrate with style."

As you can see by my scrap drawer, I have plenty more card possibilities!

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

Doris, what a GREAT IDEA!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with those scraps. Your gate fold card is fabulous, too!

Happy New Year!