Wednesday, December 16, 2009

KEEPING TRACK

Here's how I keep track of my Christmas cards:

1. Make a list (using last year's as a guide) with 50 family and friends on the left side and 50 Silver Stampers on the right side. This year, I did it on my computer to make it easier to amend next year.

2. Color Copy (4 to a page) each card design. Then I use the 3-hole punch on the pages (usually only 2 or 3) and store in a 3-ring binder.

3. Since I make batches of 4 or 5 designs each year, I write down which one I'm sending next to each name.

4. As cards come in, I put a red star next to the name for reference next year. (I limit my cards to 100, so I may have to drop one in favor of someone new. I hate to do that, really; but I need to draw the line somewhere.)

5. After Christmas and New Years, I add the list to the binder and store in the Tower until next November when I start all over again.

Hope this helps!

2 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a great idea to keep organized. Every year we re-create our list and inevitably, we forget someone. I like too that you keep a copy of the cards you made so you have a reference to re-create them or know what you made so you won't duplicate them in another year.

Susan Raihala said...

Color copying! Who knew?!?! What a great idea, and so very organized. I'm impressed!