Monday, August 3, 2009

Citrus Slices


Somehow, the scanner doesn't do justice to this card which looks better IRL. For one thing, the dots on the side are raised with clear ep, and the entire image is attached with dimensionals to give the whole card more of a finished look than captured here.

This design was inspired by Kristina Werner's tutorials where she often rounds one corner of her card. She's also unafraid of bright colors and patterns--thanks Kristina!

The card will be mailed out right away for Evelyn's birthday. She gave me the dots stamp and the Fiskar's rope edge punch, so I included them in my design. Inside is a birthday greeting with another orange slice. I also wrote "Don't worry--you're not ready for Medic-"ade" yet!"

I'm glad that all my good friends have a sense of humor...

1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

This card is mouth-watering!! So cute. Love the fruity colors and the texture you gave the card. Great design. I need to get that set out!