Sunday, March 29, 2009

Birthday Card for Someone Special


Don't you just love those cards that seem to "evolve" as you go along? This one started out with a leftover cuttlebug card and a scrap of black and red Basic Grey dp.

First, I split the dp (unevenly) so that the wide piece could hide some blank space along the fold and the narrow piece could go along the inside on the right. Next, I used some black embroidery floss along the edge of the dp. Then I found a red button in my stash with one large hole in the middle, into which I glued a black pearl. But then, what to do with all that blank space above...

Since Spring is here, with its promise of showy tulips and daffodils, I got out my Inkadinkado clear set of flowers and chose this showy tulip. I stamped it twice on red card stock so that I could pop out the foreground petals of the bloom with SU dimensionals.

After attaching it to the card, I did a little shading on the petals with a Versamark pen. To give it some "life" I added black Stickles and prisma glitter to the stamens. Done!

I just love it when a card comes together!

3 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What a lovely creation Doris. Very original with your colors and design. I love it!

:-)

NinaB said...

That's a stunning card, Doris. I love the colors and layers. I'm glad you got the stamps. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I've been having fun creating with them too. They finally got here yesterday.

Kim said...

This card definitely came together, Doris! Excellent work! It has an Oriental feel to it. Beautiful!