Sunday, March 4, 2018

UPDATE ON THE LATEST

I haven't posted lately because I've been distracted with a lot of issues.  Rick developed a viral lung infection (not the flu) and is still being treated for it.  He had a terrible cough for weeks,  plus shortness of breath; and I was scared for awhile.  He's doing much better now, thankfully.  He had to stay away from people to avoid getting something else, so until this week he rarely went out.  I also had to avoid people or places where I could have brought something home.  Not much fun.

Meanwhile, our two cats had problems.  Jenny, our tuxedo cat, became diabetic at age 13.  I had to learn to give her 2 shots a day and wean her off the dry cat food she was used to.  Her brother/littermate developed a blockage in his urethra that was incurable, so we had to put him down.

Finally, after a long spell of unseasonably warm weather, it has turned more wintery.  The last storm hit on Friday with 8" of heavy snow, high winds, gusts over 45 mph and a power outage that they say will not be restored until Thursday night.  There are trees down everywhere, except on our property--truly an answer to prayer!  Lots of roads blocked, which is one reason why it's taking so long to get the power lines back up.  We run our generator every couple of hours to keep the heat up, refrigerator going and electronic devices charged.  One of my friends has invited me over to take a shower and wash my hair when her power returns tomorrow.  (so she's been told.)

I do have much to be thankful for:  Rick's health improving, milder weather again, lots of very good friends, and stamping, of course!   I just finished making 25 Easter cards and numerous kits for my card classes.  I hope to post some of them when the power returns.  Until then,  I'll be in my sunny Tower in the afternoons!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sorry to hear you've lost your power, Doris! Hopefully it will be back on soon and you won't be hit hard by the next storm. Glad Rick is better and that you are getting lots of stamping time!

Kim S said...

So much stress all at once - I'm so glad things are looking up. Sending up prayers.