Sunday, February 18, 2018

PAPER PLAYERS--Sew Much Fun!


I'm not a quilter, but I always enjoy looking at them.  Last Fall I went to a local
quilt show with a quilter friend who pointed out the techniques
and workmanship of the many on display--a big help in voting for the 3 best quilts.
    I'm not sure it was really fair to put the results in the hands of people like me
 who know very little about quilting, but I did my best to evaluate them 
on more than how pretty (or card-like) they were.

It's the same way with cards.  Would non-stamper judges appreciate all that goes into
a CAS card, thinking it was too plain?  Would they be attracted to the card that
has many embellishments, but really didn't require much skill?  Would they know
anything about the rule of thirds or the color wheel or a technique used?

Hmm...something to ponder...

One thing I do know is that when we send someone a card with
carefully chosen words of encouragement, it's no longer "just a card,"
it's a ministry.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Amen on sending cards, Doris! I think anyone can judge on whether they like something like a quilt or card without knowing what goes into it. Art is for enjoyment not rule following IMHO.

LeAnne said...

I totally understand the thought process about quilting AND cards...it is doubtful that non-stampers OR non-quilters can comprehend what goes into creating what we spend so much time and energy on!!! Your quilt card is just delightful and as a stamper and a lover of sewing, I DO understand! Very pretty and springy! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week!

laurie said...

This is such a cute idea..so creative and fun. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Donna said...

I love the colors and papers you've used! Love this technique! I agree with you!

jaydee said...

What a wonderful quilt star and I love it with that embossed background. Fabulous job. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee