Monday, November 9, 2015

FUN TECHNIQUE







After watching her video where Jennifer McGuire shows how to make her monochromatic cards, I came up with two of my own.  Although they are not monochromatic, they are quite similar and were a lot of fun to make!


 I started with a new cardstock pad I picked up at Hobby Lobby last week.  The colors are definitely ideal for Fall, so I wasted no time using them.  Since they are white on the back, they can be used as card bases with plenty of  room to write a note inside.









For the first card, I started with a greenish color panel and stamped the leaves in various Fall colors.  The large ones were stamped first and the smaller ones fitted around them.  Next I added white lines and dots, as shown on Jennifer's video, a technique which really livens up the card.

Next, I stamped the vellum banners with white pigment ink and embossed with white.  To mount the banner, I creased it at the top so that I could adhere it to the back of the panel with no tape showing on the front.  The wooden embellishments at the bottom helped keep the tag from popping up, again with no adhesive showing.

The second card was done the same way but with a brown panel from the same cardstock pad.  These were fun to make--thanks, Jennifer!

2 comments:

Kim S said...

Gorgeous paper - I need to get to Hobby Lobby tomorrow! LOVE the subtle leaves - and you are so right that the white lines really add interest.

Bonnie said...

These are beautiful, Doris! Love that paper and the vellum sentiment! The embellishments are a perfect finishing touch!