Tuesday, June 30, 2015

PASTOR CARD SET

This is the card I designed for our pastor to use as a follow-up outreach for VBS.  He sends a little note to the non-church families who bring their children to our VBS program.

To make this card, I first stamped the verse and ran it through the Big Shot with the rectangular die.  The dsp strips were then cut at 1 1/2" wide to completely fit underneath the curved opening.  (To find the width you need, measure from the top of the curve to the lowest point.  Otherwise, as I learned from experience, you'll have a gap.)

After cutting the SU Pear Pizazz cs 4 1/4" x     4 3/4", I die cut the curve and attached all the pieces to the card front as shown.  The leaf was cut with a die I bought at Hobby Lobby last year which has an outline die and another insert that embosses the veins in the leaf at the same time.  (Sorry, I don't know the company name.) I sponged the leaf with Distress ink and attached it to the card with a SU dimensional.  The pearls were added in one strip and curved to match the opening. 

Although time consuming with so many steps, this was an easy card to make.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Very pretty, Doris! I bought the curved die but have yet to use it. Thanks for the tip! Happy 4th of July!

Kim S said...

Beautiful card for a wonderful outreach. I love the script on the card - and I love how your curved panel mimics the flourished look. It's lovely!