Wednesday, October 20, 2010

OLW--Birds and Trees


Some of the details on this card did not photograph well, unfortunately. For instance, the border I did with my ScorePal stands out better IRL. So does the Spica pen enhancement on the owl's eyes and the pine cones. So what looks like kind of a dull card, actually has some sparkle to it. (If you click twice to enlarge, the sparkle shows up better.)

It was fun getting out my peg stamps for this one. I started with the pine needles, added my own "branches" with SU markers, then stamped the pine cones. The owl is from Hero Arts.

Thanks, Jennifer, for another great challenge!

8 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

How cute is this! Your tree is fab and the owl looks so sweet perched up there. The score lines add a nice frame to your image and sentiment.

Well played on the challenge!

Susan said...

Definitely NOT a dull card! How creative you are making that tree branch! I can see the scored lines and they really tie it all together. Awesome Card, Doris!

Bonnie said...

Doris, you're going to make me have to get some of those peg stamps! You do such wonderful cards with them!

Mary said...

Great Card Doris. I see the sparkle.... your card certainly is not dull....Good use of the Scor Pal.

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is so cute - owls are just lovely!!

Brenda R said...

LOVELY card. I'm so glad you told us to click twice--I've never done that before on a picture--the eyes and pine cones are amazing. Thank you.

Bev J. said...

Love your owl in the branches-neat card.

Chrissie said...

Super card Doris that owl is a cutie!
Chrissie,