Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Combining Stamps



The cat stamps make a great all-purpose card, but I wanted to use the "C" for a Christmas card. How this idea came to me, I don't know; but I do like the way it turned out!

First, I stamped the "C is for Cat" in blue on a white scrap. Then I stamped the last half of the Merry Christmas stamp (from a Hero Arts set) on another scrap. Using the word slot punch, I punched out the word "Christmas" and pasted it over the word "cat". Since the lettering is the same size on both stamps, it lined up perfectly.

After using the oval punch, which also fit perfectly over the image, I attached the new saying to the card with dimensionals.

Here are three other Christmas cards made with the same technique:


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Edna Morrisedie said...

I really like the simple lines in your work!!