Thursday, January 1, 2009

NO RESOLUTIONS HERE!

I've never been one to make New Year's Resolutions--they only get broken the first week anyway...right??? Instead, here's what I've done every year:

For the month of January, I hibernate. Isn't that a great idea? This is when I catch up on all those indoor projects at home, take time to reflect on the things that are really important, keep warm by the fire, do some reading, prepare Bible Study lessons for the Spring semester, write letters, etc. Oh yes, and purge my stamping tower of unwanted/unused items to make room for more creativity in the coming year. To make the time for these things, I pull back on all my usual activities: Mothers Classes are delayed restarting until Feb., we use a 6-week Winterim at Bible Study (usually a tape series) to allow time to prepare for our more in-depth studies starting late Feb. to May; and, except for church, Bible Study and grocery shopping, I stay home most of the week all month. It really works for me as a way to recover from the busy-ness of the holidays and recharge my inner batteries.

Besides, I just HATE the cold...unless we get a few inches of powdery snow that allows me to go cross-country skiing. (After the first 10 minutes of that aerobic activity, I really warm up!)

Leave a comment and tell what you do in January to beat the cold!

No comments: