Friday, August 8, 2008

While I'm Waiting for the New SU Catalog...




The new Stampin'Up catalog is taking so long, I've resorted to borrowing old sets and going back to leftover designer paper from last year. When you need to make 100 cards by Thanksgiving weekend, you need to jump start in July.


The first card uses a piece of black and white dp from a pack of Christmas designs I bought a year or two ago. The poinsettia stamp is from a set I borrowed from Mary this week. I used a Fiskars corner punch to highlight the burgundy paper on the bottom of the inside. Silver rhinestone stickers from Michael's add bling. I also used black Stickles for the flower center.

The next two cards feature designs I came up with using the new CB border folders.

The tan card features the dotted border which I criss-crossed and mimicked with the red twine. The polkadot paper also carries the theme. The gold beads in the flower center on the burgundy card are also from Michael's.

All the cardstock is from a package I bought several weeks ago on sale at Michael's. It has 50 sheets, which translates into 100 cards.

Since I'm working with scraps and leftovers, all the cards so far are one of a kind. Not bad, actually; but it's slow going. I'm looking forward to settling down to one design just as soon as I get my hands on a SU catalog!!!

3 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Hi, Doris! Thanks for stopping in for a visit! Great to hear from you again. Ooooh! I love your Christmas cards. I'll be starting some next week to advertise classes, so thanks for helping get me into the mood! I loved your postcard look to the ones in an earlier post too. Lovely one and all!

Kim said...

Nice samples, Doris! I need to get my Christmas cards started. But I don't need as many as you do! :-o

Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Looks like you are making great fun of your time while you wait for the new catty! I can't believe I already have mine... compliments of my neighbor Laurie.

:-)