Monday, February 11, 2008

TWO SUNNY CARDS FOR THE MIDDLE OF WINTER...



Now that I have the Cuttlebug and the Enveloper, I'm making fast use of both! The yellow card was done by punching out and repositioning 2 of the circles from the CB embossed piece. The ribbon I had on hand matches perfectly, and the small stamp fit the hole just right. Things don't always work out that well.

The blue card was done with a brass embossing template. I tried putting it through the CB, but couldn't get a clear image with it, even though I used the "sandwich" recommended on SCS; so I wound up doing it with my light box. (If anyone knows a better way to do this on the CB, please leave a comment!) For the cloud, I used the same template, moving it up to make a narrower cloud shape. The blue CB swirls are suggestive of the wind, I think. "A sunny hello" was stamped on white, mounted on yellow cs and edged with yellow Stickles.

What fun to be able to play with new toys!

4 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Hi, Doris! Hadn't been by to see you for a while and wanted to stop in and say hi! Love these bright cheery cards. I DO so love my Cuttlebug too. What's the enveloper you mention here? A new toy out there that I must have???? Good to "see" you again! Hope all is well!

Cheryl said...

Very cute. whoever receives these are going to love them. The envelopes really add to them.
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

These are very cute and cheerful! Great job with your new tools! ;)

My Paper World said...

I LOVE your sunny cards!