Friday, April 13, 2007

New Toy!!




A Marvy scallop punch was not to be had--it's sold out everywhere! So I picked up a lone Fiskar's Circle Border Punch at AC Moore, the "Antique Elegance" design. Unfortunately, the card I had to make was a sympathy card, but it turned out great...one of a kind, as they say. (Hopefully no more sympathy cards will be needed for a long time.) I also punched the ends of the floral piece and inked the edges to give it a more antiqued look.





Mary was here the other day with her Cuttlebug which seems to be all the rage lately. Joan and I used the embossing folders and stored our card-sized pieces for future use, which is today. The bird is mounted on embossed parchment. The green card was embossed on cardstock which I sanded to highlight the delicate pattern.