Wednesday, November 14, 2018

MORE FANCY FOLD CARDS






This is the first card with my new SU Sprig Punch, and I think I'll be giving it a lot of use.  These double gate cards are fun to make!  You just have to remember to use adhesive only on one side. (Ask me how I know...)

The flower makes use of layered SU punches that are sponged and stacked with glue dots and embellishments on top..
This second card is a creative mistake with the folding.  It was to be another double gate fold card, but I cut off too much on the one side.  Instead of throwing it away or using the paper for scrap, I folded back one side and kept the right side triangular. 

The flower and sprigs are mounted to the left side.  I tucked the right flap between the petals to keep it closed.

I plan to add a greeting when I'm ready to send it.


TIP:  My "rule" for how many scraps to keep, I save only those that are bigger than an index card.  It used to be business card size, but I still had too many to keep.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

A good way to use scraps! Fantastic folding!

Kim S said...

Those folds make the card extra special!! And that's one of my favorite papers - I still have it stashed away (Isn't it odd that I love something so much that I hoard it forever instead of using it?!)