Monday, May 28, 2018

PAPER PLAYERS #395--Sketch


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!


I'm finally back!  It's been a long time, with my weekly card class requiring a great deal of preparation.  During those times, we also had 2 storms with power outages of 8 days and 4 days.  Lots of other stuff going on...  We've also had tons of rain and dreariness until just the past week, although some of you had a lot worse;  so I'm not complaining.

On the good news side, Rick and I just celebrated our 51st anniversary.  We usually go on a short weekend trip, but this year we're getting a new updated kitchen--YAY!  We've just started the process, so I'll share the "before" pictures soon, as well as some during the upheaval and, of course, the "after" photos.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to be submitting another Paper Players challenge.  This card features a rose that was stamped with No-Line Fadeout ink and water colored.  I used Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide inks with water, staying inside the lines before the no-line ink faded away. 

 Click HERE for a look at the sketch and other submissions.




3 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! Love your no-line coloring, I need to practice that technique! SO sorry to hear about all your weather-related problems, I had no idea north Jersey was having so many issues! But how exciting to get a new kitchen! I can relate! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week, too! :)

Bonnie said...

What a pretty rose, Doris! I hadn't heard about disappearing ink since I was a child. I'll have to look into that. I know your classes were a great success and worth the time you put into them. Sorry about the power outages. Hope that's it for the year! Happy 51st anniversary. A new kitchen is a wonderful way to celebrate!

Annie S. said...

This is such an elegant card and the no line coloring is fabulous! Happy 51st Anniversary and enjoy that new kitchen! Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week.